Titus 2:3-5

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Winter in May

For the last few days we've had a slow moving cold front over us in our part of Florida. The normally sunny and hot weather has instead become like winter back in Scotland. It feels as though the rain has forgotten how to stop, although truthfully here in Florida even rainy days are not constant. The sky has been shades of gray since Monday, and I even find myself suffering from cold hands. I can hardly believe I am actually wishing I had brought a sweater with me to the school library today. The thought of being snuggled up under a soft warm blanket is really appealing right now. This is especially true as the lack of sunshine is also making me feel tired and sleepy. For the first time since I arrived in Florida eight months ago I think it is definitely a day for hot chocolate rather than a chocolate milkshake.

The positive side of all this rain is seen in our garden. We have been able to turn the sprinklers off. My tomato and pepper plants are loving all the rain and seem to be thriving through this cold spell. (Not that it's that cold here, 75f, just colder than I've become used to.)Our grass has never looked greener, and is still the greenest garden in our neighbourhood.

God's blessings are not always to our taste, but they are always for our benefit. I might be missing the blue skies and sunshine, but I know that the rain and cloudy days are a necessary part of life too. In all of life the Lord gives us what we need and what is good for us generously and in abundance. May I always appreciate every blessing He sends my way, be it cloudy rain or warm sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Mordecai

Our blessed first baby, Mordecai, gone to heaven on July 23, 2009 at 13 weeks gestation.

You will never be forgotten by us.