Titus 2:3-5

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Monday, May 4, 2009

Eight months already!


Tomorrow will be the eight month anniversary of my permanent reunion with my darling husband. It has been a busy and full eight months. Our house is fully painted, and with finishing touches happening as the budget allows, it is beginning to look like a welcoming home. My routine is pretty much set, with my chores spread out across the week, and even time to indulge in some craft work. I am currently working on a patchwork quilt for one of our sofas. The patchwork is done, and I am working on the quilting, by hand as always.

This week also begins with me ill yet again. I have had a poor immune system for many years and the adjustment to the Florida climate is taking a while. I have been ill almost every month since I got here. It has been six weeks since the last head cold, so there is an improvement. This particular bout seems more like a very mild flu than a cold. It is mostly aches, fevers and no energy. Just making the bed today had me burning up and exhausted for nearly an hour. I have even had to resort to pain killers twice over the last few days.

Through it all I continue to rejoice in God's goodness. While feeling exhausted and useless I received a long anticipated letter from an old friend. In less than a year we had both moved countries, while already living at opposite ends of the planet, and so had kind of lost touch. I wrote to her last known address a few months back, and today I finally got a reply. It was immensely encouraging to hear from her, especially as she should now have safely delivered her fifth baby. While I may still be waiting and yearning for the Lord to bless us with an addition to our family, I am encouraged and rejoice when a friend is blessed with a new child to their family. Each new life is both a blessing and a miracle. We both serve the maker of the Universe. He who put the stars into space is the same one who opens and closes our wombs. While I pray that my womb will be opened and our family increased I rejoice for all those who open themselves to this wonder and blessing each day without limitations. Knowing my husband and I are not the only couple trusting in the Lord for our family size is a great encouragement indeed.

Thank you Lord for the simple blessings of a sunny day and a letter from a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Mordecai

Our blessed first baby, Mordecai, gone to heaven on July 23, 2009 at 13 weeks gestation.

You will never be forgotten by us.