Titus 2:3-5

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Monday, January 12, 2009

First things first


So I've finally joined the blogging community in cyberspace. I should probably start by letting those reading know who I am.

My name is Lyn. I am a stay at home wife. My wonderful husband, Rob, and I have been married for just over 16 months. He is American and I am Scottish (British), which meant we spent the first 12 months of married life living 5000 miles and 5 time zones apart. We met when Rob came over to the UK on a one week trip. We kept in touch and a little over two years later were married. After a year of going through US Immigration I finally got a visa to come over to the US to live with my husband. I've now been Stateside for 4 months.

Rob and I are an older first time married couple. When we first met Rob was 39 and I was 32 (but only a few weeks away from 33.) When we got married Rob was 41 and I was 35. Neither of us had been married before. We are both devout Christians. I have been so from the age of 14, and Rob since the age of 30. We both try to live by the instructions of the Bible, and this shapes all the decisions we make in life.

We are blessed to live in the Treasure Coast area of South Florida, about two hours north of Miami. We attend an Independent Baptist Church, where Rob is a Deacon. We have a beautiful home that we are still working on decorating, and furnishing (it's a big project.)

My interests are mostly all things to do with homemaking, and also writing. I love to help others grow to maturity in their faith, as well as growing in my own faith through the work of others. This blog will mostly reflect these interests, along with some observations about married life and the differences of living in a new country and culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Mordecai

Our blessed first baby, Mordecai, gone to heaven on July 23, 2009 at 13 weeks gestation.

You will never be forgotten by us.