Titus 2:3-5

The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day.

In the morning I had an appointment with my midwife. My blood tests had shown that I'm currently no longer anemic. I've only gained 1lb in the last four weeks. My fundal height is measuring right to date. Then my midwife checked for the heart beat. I think she was almost as nervous as I was after no heart beat with the last baby. After a few minutes she finally found the baby, and the heart beat was averaging at 160 beats per minute. It was a comforting sound to know this baby is thriving. We won't check again until the midwife can use the fetoscope at the 20 week mark. I also found out that our midwife has sold her home and is moving TO OUR STREET. She will only be about 10 houses down from us. Next month I'll be able to walk to my appointment.

Then as soon as I got home my darling husband took me up to Titusville to watch the Space Shuttle launch. It was definitely worth the two hour drive each way. We've been trying to get up close for a launch since I got here last year, and we finally made it. With only a few more launches left i was beginning to think it might never happen. I feel so blessed to have been able to have the launch experience to share with my darling hubby.

Tomorrow will see us enter the second trimester of the pregnancy, and I'm looking forward to some of the nausea and exhaustion fading. It will also be great to see the baby bump beginning to grow. I know the next six months will go by much faster than I want it too once it is over.

We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, it will be a real celebration even if we are on our own.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear you are expecting! Such a blessing!

    Enjoy family and home life!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby Mordecai

Our blessed first baby, Mordecai, gone to heaven on July 23, 2009 at 13 weeks gestation.

You will never be forgotten by us.